Oily skin is challenging- younger people with oily skin tend to suffer from frequent breakouts and acne. However, the good news is that oily skin ages better than normal skin! Since the skin is more lubricated, wrinkles and fine-lines develop later in life.
In general, to slow down the aging of oily skin, it is highly recommended to exfoliate the skin on a regular basis, make sure it is hydrated and protect it from sun damage.
The NowMi anti-aging oxygen facial treatment for oily skin is an ideal maintenance treatment. It enables you to perform a spa-quality exfoliation treatment in the comfort of your own home, deeply hydrate your skin with hyaluronic acid and protect your skin from UV rays.
Anti-aging tips for oily skin:
- Exfoliation: Exfoliation helps to slow down the aging process. It removes dead skin cells from the outermost layer of the facial skin. The dead cells can deepen wrinkles and accentuate their appearance. Most importantly, the exfoliation stimulates the skin to repair itself, increases the cell’s turnover rate, improves lymph flow and strengthens nerve function.
Skin exfoliation is recommended for all mature facial skin, regardless of skin type, and is especially recommended for individuals with oily skin.
- Hydration: Oily skin needs to be hydrated. Hydration is important for anti-aging since it keeps the skin’s protective barrier balanced and its pH level stable. Since oily skin is frequently cleansed, one of the dangers is that the cleansing dehydrates it. Dehydration is problematic since it can stimulate the body to produce even more oil and also cause premature facial skin aging.
- Protection: One of the main causes of premature facial skin aging is overexposure to the sun’s UV rays. In fact, experts say that 90% of skin damage is caused by the sun!
People with oily skin need to be especially careful. While tanning seems to dry out the skin, in actual fact it stimulates the sebaceous glands to produce even more sebum in order to protect the skin. It is therefore recommended to wear sunscreen on a daily basis.
The NowMi anti-aging oxygen facial treatment for oily skin
The NowMi is a home-based treatment that delivers spa-quality results. It uses the same scientifically-backed technology as OxyGeneo treatments- professional spa facial oxygenation treatments introduced in 2013, and has been clinically proven to deliver effective skin rejuvenation.
The NowMi treatment performs 4 skincare actions- exfoliation, nourishment, oxygenation and protection. Used on a regular basis, the NowMi treatment helps balance oily skin and prevents premature skin aging.
- Exfoliation: As mentioned above, exfoliation is a highly recommended anti-aging treatment for oily skin. In the NowMi treatment the exfoliation is carried out using the NowMi vitamin C effervescent tablet. The tablet has a slightly coarse texture. It is mixed with the NowMi gel and massaged into the skin. During the massaging action, the tablet removes the outermost layer of the skin including dead skin cells, oil and dirt.
- Nourishment: During the NowMi treatment, the skin is infused with vitamin C, vitamin E and Hyaluronic acid. Vitamin C revitalizes it and stimulates it to create new collagen. Vitamin E helps in wound healing and prevents the skin from drying out.
Hyaluronic acid, also known as hyaluronan, is a substance naturally produced by the body. Its primary function is to retain water and it is capable of holding 1,000 times its weight in water! Hyaluronic acid plays a major role in keeping tissues moist and well lubricated and as a result prevents oily skin from drying out.
- Oxygenation: One of the main advantages of the NowMi treatment is that it oxygenates itself from within. What this means is that the treatment stimulates the body to send oxygen-rich blood cells to the treatment area. Because of this natural oxygenation process, the active ingredients are optimally absorbed by the skin cells.
- Protection: During treatment the skin is infused with vitamins C and E which are powerful antioxidants that protect the skin from free radicals. Free radicals damage the skin’s DNA and cause premature aging. The vitamins neutralize the free radicals and limit their harmful effects. By carrying out the NowMi treatment on a regular basis you can replenish your skin’s supply of vitamin C and E and significantly reduce damage caused to the skin by UV rays and other extrinsic factors.
The NowMi anti-aging oxygen facial treatment for oily skin is an excellent treatment that helps oily skin look its best. It keeps the skin clean, nourished, hydrated and protected. Best of all, treatment takes only 5 minutes a day and you can carry it out anytime, anywhere!
Additional reading: OILY SKIN FACIAL TREATMENT