Facial skin exfoliation is an important part of any healthy facial routine. During the exfoliation, dead skin cells located on the outermost layer of the skin are gently sloughed off. While the body naturally sheds these cells, by expediting this process you can help your skin stay healthier and cleaner. The facial skin exfoliation prevents the dead cells from clogging up the pores and thus limits/prevents dirt build-up. This is especially important for people who suffer from acne or frequent skin breakouts. Additionally, with age, the cellular turnover slows down resulting in skin dullness. The facial skin exfoliation stimulates cellular renewal and helps slow down the signs of aging. After the exfoliation your skin will feel soft and smooth and it will have a glowing look.
Different techniques for facial skin exfoliation:
There are different ways to exfoliate the skin. Here is a list of four popular methods you can use at home:
- Using a tool that scrubs the skin such as a loofah or washcloth.
- Using a cleansing cream/gel that has abrasive particles.
- Using a product that has mild exfoliating acids such as salicylic acids, alpha-hydroxy or beta-hydroxy acid.
- Using a product that has enzymes that digest dead skin cells, which are gentle on the skin.
Treatments options number 1 & 2 work by rubbing the product onto the skin. The rubbing action targets the dead cells and removes them. Option 3 & 4 are based on creating a chemical reaction which clears away the dead skin cells.
Microdermabrasion uses a machine that exfoliates the skin and removes the dead cells. The treatment increases the blood’s circulation and stimulates collagen production which results in younger looking skin.
There are two main treatment types- one is called ‘crystal’ and the other is called ‘diamond’. In the crystal microdermabrasion treatment, fine crystals are spread over the skin which loosen and remove the dead skin cells. The used crystals and dead skin are then removed using a vacuum suction. In the diamond microdermabrasion treatment, a diamond-tipped wand is used to sand and resurface the skin. At the end of the treatment, a suction is used to clear away the dead skin cells.
Microdermabrasion treatments can range from mild to aggressive depending on the number of passes, level of the coarseness of the diamond wand or the level of crystal spray, the suction and pressure used, and of course the frequency of treatments.
Chemical peel treatments:
During a chemical peel treatment, an acid solution is applied to the facial skin which dissolves layers of the skin. Peels can be light, moderate or deep (the deep peels can be performed only by a physician). The light and moderate treatments target the external layers of the skin while the deeper peels can reach down into the dermis layer. The acid creates a controlled wound in the skin after which healthier and regenerated skin emerges. Depending on the aggressiveness of the treatment, downtime can range from zero to up to a week or two.
The NowMi facial skin exfoliation:
The NowMi facial skin exfoliation is performed primarily by the vitamin C effervescent tablet which has a high concentration of ascorbic acid. During treatment, users apply a lubricant gel onto the face and then massage the effervescent tablet onto the skin. Once the tablet and the gel mix, a chemical reaction occurs which dissolves small granules in the tablet creating a mild abrasive surface which gently clears away all of the dead skin cells. In addition, the reaction forms millions of CO2 micro-bubbles on the skin’s surface which increase the oxygen levels in the skin from within and contributes to rapid cell turnover and brighter skin.
The efficiency and speed of the facial skin exfoliation process is significantly enhanced by the use of sonic energy. The NowMi Pro device emits 6,000 sonic pulsations per minute which ensures that every pore is thoroughly cleansed and all dead skin cells are removed. In addition, the sonic energy increases the circulation of the blood which stimulates collagen production and cell renewal.
At the same time of the facial skin exfoliation, the skin is infused with vitamins C and E as well as hyaluronic acid that revitalize it and slow down the signs of aging.
How does the NowMi treatment compare to Microdermabrasion?
Here are a few points to consider:
- The Microdermabrasion treatment on its own “sands” the skin but doesn’t infuse the skin with nourishing products. While many spas will add such products using a mask or creams, the results are inconsistent because some products are better than others. The NowMi treatment on the other hand infuses the skin with virtually pure vitamin C and other nourishing vitamins and minerals. The vitamin C effervescent tablet is stored in a sealed pouch until use which ensures its freshness and potency.
- NowMi treatment exfoliates the skin on wet skin while Microdermabrasion is performed on dry skin. As a result, the NowMi treatment is much more enjoyable and there is no skin irritation.
- The NowMi treatment does not involve any vacuum which may damage the skin or create vascular lesions.
- The effervescent tablet is fairly large and in 5 minutes the entire face can be exfoliated. This is much faster than the Microdermabrasion treatment which uses a small tip.
- Microdermabrasion irritates the skin – it causes swelling and the development of an anaerobic environment which promotes bacteria growth. As a result, the skin frequently breaks out after treatment. On the other hand, with the NowMi treatment, the skin is exfoliated with very little irritation and the skin doesn’t break out following treatment.
- The NowMi treatment can be performed in the comfort of your home and doesn’t require a cosmetician.
How does the NowMi treatment compare with a chemical peel?
Common side effects of chemical peels include temporary redness, stinging or burning, dryness and slight swelling. Patients who undergo deep peel also loose the ability to tan.
Rarer side effects include darkening or lightening of the skin color, scarring (which may be permanent), infections (fungal or bacterial), heart, liver, or kidney damage (the phenol employed in deep peels may cause damage to the heart muscle and cause irregular heartbeats, harm the kidneys or liver.
The NowMi treatment on the other hand uses completely natural vitamins and minerals which can’t in any way damage the skin. The exfoliation is highly effective yet at the same time very gentle ensuring that the skin isn’t irritated. Treatment is completely safe and there are no side effects.
Click here to see a movie on the NowMi treatment: https://youtu.be/jPVYZ8YU3BU
Facial skin exfoliation is a fabulous way to keep your skin looking its best. It removes the dead cells from your skin and helps increase cell turnover and skin regeneration. There are various types of facial skin exfoliations – home scrubs and creams as well as professional treatments such as Microdermabrasion and Skin Peels.
The NowMi treatment offers the best of all worlds- a spa quality facial in the comfort of your own home. The treatment combines an effervescent tablet that gently exfoliates the skin with sonic energy. As a result, the dead cells are removed in a quick 5-minute treatment. There is no downtime and no risk of side-effects. The skin is not only exfoliated, but it is also infused with essential vitamins and minerals which help it to look its best.