Facial skin rejuvenation refers to a broad range of aesthetic treatments designed to help the skin look its very best. This usually includes reducing and or eliminating wrinkles and fine lines, creating an even skin tone, restoring volume etc. Over the past 15 years there has been a huge surge in the variety of treatments available, and the aesthetic industry is constantly developing new technologies to meet the growing demand.
There are two main treatment categories of facial skin rejuvenation treatments: invasive and non-invasive.
Invasive facial skin rejuvenation treatments:
Invasive or surgical procedures include a broad range of treatments such as a brow lift (forehead lift), eye lift (blepharoplasty), facelift (rhytidectomy), chin lift and neck lift.
According to the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, more and more Americans are choosing to undergo surgical procedures.
- Surgical procedures accounted for 77% of the total expenditures in 2017 and nonsurgical procedures accounted for 23%.
- Surgical procedures were up 11% in 2017.
- The surgical procedures that saw the most significant increases in 2017 include:
- Eyelid Surgery – blepharoplasty (up 26.3%)
- Buttock Augmentation – implants and fat transfer (up 25.5%)
- Fat Transfer to the Face (up 22.3%)
- Facelifts (up 21.9%)
- Neck Lifts and Upper Arm Lifts (both up 20.1%)
While surgical procedures yield highly visible results, they are not without risk. Aesthetic surgery involves the same risks as any other surgery, including complications with anesthesia and the surgery itself. Additionally, the recuperation period is often lengthy and there is a significant pain factor.
Non-Invasive facial skin rejuvenation treatments:
For those who are surgery averse, a wide variety of non-invasive treatments have been developed. Chemical Peels and Dermabrasion/Microdermabrasion are the most popular treatments. During a chemical peel treatment, the outermost layer of the skin is dissolved using acids. Chemical peels vary in their intensity and range from mild to deep. Once the skin layer has peeled off, a new and fresher layer emerges in its place. Dermabrasion and Microdermabrasion also wound the skin in order to create a new skin layer but do so my “sanding” the facial skin layer off.
The more complex facial skin rejuvenation treatments use cutting edge laser, radio-frequency, ultrasound and infrared technologies. In very broad terms, the laser treatments wound the skin to stimulate the production of a healthier layer of facial skin. The other energy-based treatments stimulate the production of new collagen and elastin and improve/remove textural imperfections. Many aesthetic practitioners have adopted a multiple-technology approach to facial skin rejuvenation which enables them to customize each treatment in order to achieve the best results.
Non-surgical procedures have been continuously on the rise. As can be seen from the table below taken from the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, since 2012, the number of treatments have increased by 28%.
The NowMi treatment for facial skin rejuvenation:
The NowMi treatment offers a breakthrough in facial skin rejuvenation. The reason is that it offers a spa quality treatment in a home-based device. In order to deliver on such a promise, the technologies used in the spa had to be adapted to a home use device. While this is no easy task, the developers of the NowMi device were able to achieve this goal.
The NowMi treatment uses several technologies for facial skin rejuvenation:
- The Bohr effect: The NowMi treatment creates a natural ‘facial skin oxygenation’ using the scientifically proven ‘Bohr effect’. During treatment, a C02 rich environment is formed on the skin. As a result, the body sends oxygen rich blood to the treatment area and there is an increase in cell turnover and collagen and elastin production.
- Sonic energy: The NowMi PRO device is equipped with sonic energy. Throughout the treatment, the skin is exposed to 6,000 sonic pulsations per minute. The pulsations exponentially improve the 4 actions performed by the NowMi Pro Weekly Treatment – namely, skin exfoliation, nourishment, oxygenation and protection.
While the NowMi treatment cannot perform the dramatic changes that surgical procedures can, it is an excellent treatment that nourishes and protects the skin and significantly slows down the signs of aging. It does so by infusing the skin with virtually pure vitamin C which helps the body produce new collagen and protects against extrinsic skin damage. The treatment also infuses the skin with vitamin E and Hyaluronic acid which have anti-aging qualities. Best of all, the treatment can be performed in 5 minutes in the comfort of your home and costs a fraction of the price of its spa equivalent.
Here are some B&A pictures:
For more results visit: https://nowmi.com/results/
Facial skin rejuvenation is one of the most sought-after aesthetic treatments. A wide variety of treatment alternatives exist- from surgical intervention to non-surgical treatments. The NowMi treatment offers an effective home-based solution that rejuvenates the skin and slows down the signs of aging.