Oxygen facial treatment for anti-aging are well known and renowned for their facial rejuvenation properties. They have been around for almost 20 years and are considered a ‘gold standard’ maintenance treatment for aging facial skin. Top celebrities swear by them and many people undergo an oxygen facial before a special event. The oxygen facials give the skin a glowing and healthy look, tighten the skin, and slow down the formation of wrinkles and fine lines.
Until now, oxygen facial treatments for anti-aging have only been available in professional spas. However, the NowMi vitamin C anti-aging oxygen facial treatment has taken oxygen facials to the next level and it enables everyone to enjoy a spa-quality anti-aging oxygen facial treatment in the comfort of their own home and in only 5 minutes!
The secret behind the success of oxygen facial treatments for anti-aging
Oxygen facial treatments are highly effective for two reasons. First, they infuse aging facial skin with much needed oxygen which reinvigorates the skin’s cells. Second, most oxygen facial treatments for anti-aging include powerful serums that nourish and protect the skin.
Oxygen is vital for all cells, and without an adequate supply of oxygen, the cells die. Young skin usually receives all the oxygen it needs from the body and from the environment. However, with age, aging facial skin loses its capacity to use and retain oxygen. This hinders its normal metabolic processes and results in premature facial skin aging.
When the cells are oxygenated, the oxygen:
Increases cell metabolism: As soon as the cells receive adequate amounts of oxygen, their functionality peaks. This means that they can easily clear away waste, repair damage, and best absorb vitamins and minerals. Furthermore, the oxygen boosts circulation and stimulates cell turnover which leaves the skin looking plump and revitalized.
Increases collagen production: The oxygen stimulates the body to produce new collagen. Collagen is the protein that gives the skin its structural strength. With age, the amount of collagen in the skin dramatically reduces. As a result of the collagen boost, the skin becomes firmer and tighter and the amount of wrinkles and fine lines in the skin reduces.
There are a wide variety of serums used to slow down the signs of aging. The most common ingredients are vitamin C, vitamin E and Hyaluronic acid.
Vitamin C: Vitamin C has been proven to be vital for skin rejuvenation and protection. The vitamin is a highly effective antioxidant that helps the body to neutralize free-radicals and slow down the signs of aging. Primary advantages of the vitamin include:
- Anti-aging effect: With age, the skin’s dermal layer becomes thinner and the levels of collagen progressively degrade. Vitamin C helps to stabilize the collagen fibers and create new collagen. This results in decreased collagen degradation and aging facial skin that is more plump and supple.
- Anti-inflammatory effect: Vitamin C is an anti-inflammatory nutrient that helps to counter age-related inflammatory skin conditions such as Rosacea. It also promotes wound healing and prevents post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation.
- Anti-pigmentary effect: Vitamin C decreases the formation of melanin. It therefore aids in skin lightening, helps the skin maintain an even tone, and repairs pigmentation damage.
- Skin protection: Vitamin C protects against photoaging. Photoaging results from exposure to the sun’s ultraviolet (UV) rays which stimulate the formation of free radicals in the body. The free radicals damage the cellular DNA and can cause collagen degradation and a reduction of collagen production. This damage manifests itself in a variety of skin concerns such as pigmentation, erythema, wrinkles, coarse texture, telangiectasias, and solar elastosis. Clinical studies have shown that vitamin C creates a photoprotective effect against photoaging. The vitamin curbs collagen disintegration and pigment damage. Most importantly, vitamin C helps to stabilize the collagen fibers and produces new collagen.
Vitamin E: Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant that protects the skin from sun exposure, pollution, smoke and other damaging extrinsic factors. The skin contains more vitamin E than any other nutrient, which emphasizes its key role in nourishing and protecting the skin. Vitamin E is known for the following qualities:
- Anti-aging: Harmful extrinsic factors such as UV light and pollution, stimulate the formation of free radicals in the skin which damage collagen and skin cells. As a result, wrinkles and brown spots appear. Vitamin E plays a critical role in neutralizing free radicals and thus preventing premature aging of the facial skin.
- Skin hydration: Vitamin E keeps the skin moisturized and supple, and it is also known to reduce inflammation.
- Scar reduction: Vitamin E neutralizes free radicals that slow down the scar healing process and helps to prevent permanent scarring.
Hyaluronic acid: Hyaluronic acid, also known as hyaluronan, is a substance naturally produced by the body. Its primary function is to retain water and it is capable of holding 1,000 times its weight in water! Hyaluronic acid plays a major role in keeping tissues moist and well lubricated. Key benefits of include:
- Supple skin: Hyaluronic acid helps the skin to look and feel more supple. Importantly, the hydrated skin reduces and slows down the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
- Wound healing: Hyaluronic acid helps to speed up the wound healing process by regulating inflammation levels and stimulating the body to build more blood vessels in the area.
The NowMi Oxygen Facial Treatment for Anti-Aging
In traditional oxygen facial treatments for anti-aging, oxygen is infused into the skin using a high-pressure gun. The oxygen stream is applied all over the face and is often mixed with anti-aging serums. The NowMi treatment is different since it stimulates the body to oxygenate itself from within!
The NowMi oxygenation process is based on a scientific principle called the Bohr effect. The Bohr effect states that when there is an excess amount of carbon dioxide on the skin, the body counters it by sending oxygen rich cells to the area. Therefore, during the NowMi treatment, a carbon dioxide rich surface is created on the skin by mixing the NowMi vitamin C effervescent tablet with the lubricant gel. When combined, a chemical reaction occurs which produces millions of minute carbon dioxide bubbles. The body then responds by sending oxygenated cells to the treatment area. The process is completely natural and feels amazing.
Just like a professional oxygen facial treatment for anti-aging, the skin is infused with vitamin C, E and Hyaluronic acids. These vitamins nourish the skin and slow down the signs of aging.
In order to ensure that the vitamins optimally penetrate the cells, the skin is exfoliated. The exfoliation removes the outermost layer of the skin that includes dead skin cells, dirt and oil, and leaves it fresh and glowing.
Finally, the NowMi treatment protects the skin from future skin damage. Since the skin is infused with vitamins C and E which are powerful antioxidants, the skin is able to protect itself from UV rays and other extrinsic factors which damage it.
The NowMi vitamin C anti-aging oxygen facial has been tested by a third party GLP laboratory and proven to be clinically effective.
We all want to slow down the signs of aging and enjoy youthful and glowing skin. Professional oxygen facial treatments for anti-aging have proven to be highly effective, and now you can enjoy the same results with an easy to use home skincare device. The NowMi treatment takes only 5 minutes and best of all, costs a fraction of the price of its spa equivalent.
Recommended reading: ANTI-AGING TREATMENT FOR DARK SKIN