Human cells require oxygen to survive. Without a steady supply of oxygen, the cells are damaged and eventually die. Oxygen therapy for the face boosts the oxygen levels in the cells which optimizes their performance. When the skin is oxygenated, it has a fresher and more youthful complexion.
The troubling reality is that our skin is oxygen deprived. Due to the industrial revolution and deforestation, it is estimated that the earth’s oxygen levels have decreased from 35% to as little as 17% in certain cities. Our skin is constantly bombarded with pollution, smoke and sun damage which significantly hinder its supply of oxygen, and as a result, the facial skin ages prematurely.
Oxygen facials have been around for about 20 years. Slowly but surely, they have become one of the most popular skincare treatments with top celebrities hailing them as their fountain of youth. Madonna is one of the most vocal advocates, and other celebrities that use it include Kim Kardashian, Naomi Campbell, Channing Tatum, Jessica Biel, Miley Cyrus, Fergie and Robin Thicke. Victoria Beckham has been quoted as saying “there is nothing like oxygen treatment…it really helps you look and feel your best”.
Oxygen therapy for face treatments are calming and relaxing. During treatment, an aesthetician uses a small pressure gun to deliver a stream of high-pressurized oxygen into the skin. The average treatment lasts between half an hour to an hour. Commonly, in addition to the oxygen, nourishing vitamins and minerals are infused into the skin to increase effectiveness and enhance treatment results.
What are the benefits of oxygen therapy for face?
When the facial skin cells receive the oxygen they need, their performance is optimized. This translates into:
1. Increased collagen production: Collagen is the most important protein in the skin and provides it with firmness and elasticity. Unfortunately, as we age, the amount of collagen produced by the body dramatically declines. As a result, the skin starts to sag and wrinkles appear. One of the key benefits of oxygen therapy treatments is that they stimulate the body to create new collagen. This results in firmer facial skin and a marked reduction in fine lines and wrinkles.
2. Skin detoxification: On a daily level our skin is damaged by pollution, smoke and other extrinsic factors that contaminate the cells. The oxygen helps increase the cells’ metabolism and clear away harmful waste. Once the waste is cleared, the cells are better able to repair themselves and also absorb nourishing vitamins and minerals.
3. Faster cell turnover: Skin cells have a limited lifetime. Once they die, they are replaced by new cells. Oxygen plays a critical role in cell regeneration. It increases the rate at which new cells grow as well as the cell turnover rate. The newer cells give the skin a fresher and more youthful appearance.
Immediately following a skin therapy treatment, your facial skin will feel tighter and it will have a natural glow. By undergoing a series of treatments, you can slow down the skin aging process and limit the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
The NowMi oxygen therapy for face treatment
The NowMi treatment enables you to enjoy all of the benefits of a spa-quality oxygen facial in the comfort of your home. Designed for today’s busy lifestyle, the treatment is simple to perform and takes only 5 minutes. Just like a professional spa, the treatment includes 4 skincare action- exfoliation, nourishment, oxygenation and protection.
1. Exfoliation: During exfoliation, the outermost layer of the skin is removed. The exfoliation deeply cleanses the skin and clears away dead skin cells, dirt and makeup. The exfoliation is performed using the NowMi effervescent tablet which has a coarse surface. The tablet is mixed with the NowMi gel and is massaged into the skin. Following the exfoliation, the facial skin cells are best able to absorb the nourishing vitamins and minerals.
2. Nourishment: The skin is nourished with vitamin C, E and Hyaluronic acid. Vitamin C plays an important role in the formation of collagen and helps the skin to repair itself. Vitamin E helps cells to regenerate and has anti-inflammatory properties. Hyaluronic acid moisturizes the skin and prevents dehydration.
3. Oxygenation: Unlike professional spa treatments that infuse oxygen into the skin, the NowMi treatment oxygenates the skin from within! The way it works is that the NowMi treatment stimulates the production of millions of carbon-dioxide microbubbles on the skin’s surface. In response, the body sends oxygen-rich blood cells to the treatment area and oxygenates it from within. The process is completely natural and is based on a scientific principle called the Bohr effect.
4. Protection: Vitamin C and vitamin E are potent antioxidants that protect the skin from damaging free-radicals. Free radicals are “unstable atoms that can damage cells, causing illness and aging”. Free- radicals form as a result of sun exposure, pollution, cigarette smoke etc. Vitamin’s C and E protect the skin and help it combat the free radicals.
Oxygen therapy for face treatments have been used for years to slow down the signs of aging and give the skin a beautiful and glowing complexion. The treatments infuse the skin with oxygen which helps the skin cells function properly. The NowMi treatment enables you to enjoy all of the benefits of a professional oxygen treatment in the comfort of your own home. The treatment takes only 5 minutes and the skin rejuvenation results are outstanding.
Click here to see what beauty bloggers have to say about the NowMi treatment.