Oxygen treatments for the face have established themselves as highly effective beauty treatments that reinvigorate the skin and slow down the signs of aging. Celebrities all over the world have shared that they use it regularly, and stars such as Madonna, Victoria Beckham, Justin Timberlake and Kim Kardashian even own their own oxygen machines!
So what do oxygen treatments do? And why are they so great?
Oxygenation treatments have been around for a while now. The first oxygen treatment was introduced by an Australian company called Intraceuticals back in 2002, and since then dozens of other companies have developed similar technologies.
The basic oxygen treatment for the face involves an air gun that emits a continuous flow of 90 to 95 percent pure oxygen under hyperbaric pressure (this is much higher than the 18-21% of oxygen found naturally in our environment). The infusion of oxygen has been shown to increase the metabolism of the cell, improve the skin’s elasticity and stimulate the production of collagen. As a result, the outermost layer of the skin called the epidermis thickens, and there is a marked improvement in the texture of the skin as well as a reduction in fine lines and wrinkles.
While these effects are impressive, what has really made oxygen treatments for the face effective is the infusion of active ingredients. Cosmeticians combine the treatment with highly potent serums that revitalize and heal the skin. The serums are “pushed” into the skin using the pressurized oxygen and therefore penetrate deeper into the skin. There are different serums for different skin conditions, but most include a blend of hyaluronic acid, antioxidants, peptides and/or vitamins and botanical extracts.
These 4 types of treatments are typically offered:
1. Skin rejuvenation- reduces the appearance of wrinkles and enhances overall hydration.
2. Opulence- a treatment that events out the skin’s tone and helps it look brighter and more glowing.
3. Clarity- an acne treatment that calms the skin and restores moisture to the skin and also helps prevent future breakouts
4. Atoxelene- a “needle-free” Botox used that softens and firms expression lines, contours the area around the eyes and plump the lips
The NowMi Oxygen treatment – the latest oxygen treatment for the face
The NowMi oxygen treatment is the next generation of oxygen treatments for the face. What sets it apart is that instead of infusing the oxygen into the skin using an air gun, the NowMi treatment stimulates the body to naturally oxygenate itself from within. It does so using a scientific principle called the Bohr effect. In very simple terms, the Bohr effect states that when a carbon dioxide (C02) rich environment is formed on the skin’s surface, the body responds by sending oxygen (02) rich blood to the targeted area in order to counter the effect of the carbon dioxide.
The NowMi treatment creates a C02 rich environment by causing a controlled chemical reaction to take place on the skin’s surface. The NowMi Pro weekly kit contains an effervescent tablet that is made up of pure vitamin C as well as sodium bi-carbonate and citric acid. When the effervescent tablet comes into contact with the NowMi lubricant gel, there is a chemical reaction between the citric acid and the sodium bi-carbonate which creates millions of micro CO2 bubbles in the gel and subsequently on the skin. And as mentioned above, the body responds to this by sending oxygen rich blood to the area.
In addition to oxygenating the skin from within, the NowMi Pro weekly treatment infuses the skin with vitamin C, vitamin E and Hyaluronic acid. These potent active ingredients have been proven to reinvigorate the skin and slow down the signs of aging.
Here is a short description of what each ingredient does:
- Vitamin C – Vitamin C plays a vital role in skin rejuvenation, repair and protection. The vitamin is a highly effective antioxidant which helps the body to neutralize free-radicals and slow down the signs of aging. In addition, it helps to stabilize the collagen fibers and to create new collagen which leads to firmer skin. Furthermore, Vitamin C is known for its anti-inflammatory and anti-pigmentary attributes.
- Vitamin E – Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant that helps the skin to protect itself against pollution, stress, smoke, unhealthy food and more. The skin contains more vitamin E than any other nutrient, which emphasizes its key role in nourishing and protecting the skin. In addition to its anti-aging benefits, it hydrates the skin and reduces scars.
- Hyaluronic acid: Hyaluronic acid, also known as hyaluronan, is a substance naturally produced by the body. Its primary function is to retain water and it can hold 1,000 times its weight in water! Hyaluronic acid plays a major role in keeping tissues moist and well lubricated and as a result the skin looks and feels more supple.
Why should you choose a NowMi oxygen treatment for the face?
Oxygen treatments for the face have proven themselves as a highly effective way to slow down the signs of aging and achieve glowing skin. Traditional spa oxygen treatments are great and are highly popular. However, they are relatively costly – prices range from $150 – 300 USD per treatment and since maintenance treatments are required, a year of oxygen facials can cost between $2,500 to $5,000.
There is also the issue of time. You need to find the time to go to the spa, be in the spa, and come home.
With the NowMi treatment, you can achieve the same results as the spa treatment but in the comfort of your own home! The treatment takes only 5 minutes and you can do it anytime, anywhere… This makes it perfect for today’s busy lifestyle. Best of all, it costs a fraction of the price of its spa equivalent.
Try it out for yourself and discover how you can enjoy the most advanced oxygen treatment for the face in the comfort of your own home. SHOP NOW