Oily skin occurs when the sebaceous glands in the skin produce an excess amount of sebum. Sebum is an oily, waxy substance that coats, moisturizes and protects the skin. It is crucial for the skin since it forms a protective barrier on the skin’s surface that limits water from evaporating. If you have oily skin, it is recommended that you adopt a personal oily face treatment in order to reduce the amount of sebum on your face while at the same time ensuring that your skin is sufficiently nourished and hydrated.
Symptoms of oily skin:
People with oily skin often have skin that has:
- A shiny or greasy appearance
- Skin that appears rough or thick
- Clogged pores and blackheads
- Large pores on the skin
- Frequent breakouts
The main reason for oily skin is genetic. However, hormonal changes or high-stress levels can also stimulate the body to create excess amounts of sebum.
Personal oil face treatment
By adopting a personal oil face treatment, you can significantly limit the amount of oil on your face. Here are important skin care tips recommended by the American Academy of Dermatology.
1. Wash your face every morning, evening and after exercise. When washing your skin, gently massage it with a cleanser and avoid scrubbing it. The scrubbing irritates the skin and can make it look even worse.
2. Choose skin care products that have an ‘oil free’ and ‘noncomedogenic’ label. This label means that the products will not clog your pores or cause acne. You can find cleansers, moisturizes and makeup with these labels.
3. Select a gentle foaming face wash. A common mistake when treating oily skin is to choose a strong face wash for oily skin in order to dry out the skin. However, if the face wash is too harsh it irritates the skin and stimulates it to produce even more sebum. So, stick to the mild and gentle products.
4. Avoid oil-based or alcohol-based cleansers. These cleansers irritate the skin.
5. Moisturize your face daily. Even though you have oily skin, it is very important that you keep it hydrated. It is recommended to use a moisturizer that has an SPF of 30 or higher in order to protect the skin from harmful UV rays.
6. Always wear sunscreen when you are outdoors. Sunscreen helps prevent skin damage such as wrinkles and age spots. Choose sunscreens that contain zinc oxide and titanium dioxide since these products limit acne breakouts. Also, stay away from sunscreens that contain fragrance or oils.
7. Only use oil-free, water-based makeup. Always remove your makeup before going to bed, and never go to sleep with makeup.
8. Use blotting papers throughout the day. Use the papers gently and don’t rub them on your face. If you rub them, it will only spread the oil to other areas on your face. Instead, gently press the paper against your face and leave it on for a few seconds to absorb the oil.
9. Try not to touch your face too much. If you touch your face too much you can spread dirt, oil and bacteria from your hands to your face. Try to touch your face only when you are cleansing it, moisturizing it or applying makeup. Make sure your hands are clean before you touch your face.
The NowMi Personal Oily Face Treatment
The clinically proven NowMi Pro treatment is ideal for treating oily skin. Using the NowMi Pro you can perform two skin treatments- daily cleansing and weekly oxygen facials.
The NowMi Pro Daily Cleansing Treatment
The NowMi Pro has soft silicone bristles for daily skin cleansing. You need to apply a small amount of the NowMi cleansing gel onto the bristles and then gently massage the skin. The cleanser does not contain any oil or alcohol and is water-based. The cleansing gel produces a gentle foam on your face and thoroughly cleanses you skin. In addition to the cleansing action, the NowMi Pro uses sonic energy to enhance the cleansing results. During treatment 6,000 sonic pulsations are emitted each minute, and the sonic energy ensures that each pore is thoroughly cleansed.
The NowMi cleansing gel also hydrates the skin. It infuses the skin with vitamins E, B3, B5 and Dead Sea minerals which revitalize and nourish the skin.
The NowMi Weekly Vitamin C Oxygen Facial Treatment
The NowMi Weekly treatment includes 4 actions– skin exfoliation, nourishment, oxygenation and protection. The skin is gently exfoliated using a vitamin C effervescent tablet. When the tablet is mixed with the NowMi lubricant gel, it gently glides over the skin. The exfoliation occurs when you move the NowMi applicator with the vitamin C tablet over the skin in a circular motion. While the exfoliation is very gentle, it powerfully removes all dead skin, makeup and oil from the skin’s surface. During the NowMi Pro treatment the skin is infused with pure vitamin C. According to beauty expert Mansa Gundu, “Vitamin C works magically for oily skin because it has an antioxidant property which helps to reduce fine lines, wrinkles, dark spots, and all aging effect. It also gives even tone and adds the natural whitening skin. In addition to this, vitamin c protect your skin from damage especially from sun rays.” In addition to the vitamin C, the skin is also infused with Hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid is excellent for oily skin since it keeps the facial skin moisturized at the right level, so it doesn’t need to produce any more sebum to keep hydrated. Finally, the skin is infused with vitamin E, a powerful antioxidant that protects and nourishes the skin.
If you have oily skin, you should adopt a personal oily face treatment to care for your skin. The right treatment needs to thoroughly cleans your skin while at the same time ensure that it is nourished and hydrated. The NowMi Pro treatment possesses this unique balance. Try it today and discover how it can help your skin look its best.
For additional information please read: PERSONAL OXYGEN FACIAL FOR OILY SKIN